In-housing marketing effectiveness
Cazoo was founded in 2018 on the belief that customers should be able to simply and seamlessly purchase a used car entirely online.
Being at the very start of their effectiveness journey at Cazoo, they wanted to make a solid start on building an effectiveness capability, inhouse and with agency support.
- No centralised approach to effectiveness. Each team does their own insight.
- Limited timeseries of quality data due to how long the business has been operating.
- Limited quality market external data.
- Existing econometrics consultancy partnership
- Fast-paced organisation with high growth and expansion ambitions.
What we did
Go Ignite were asked to create a prioritised marketing effectiveness plan, identify key obstacles to overcome, and recommend the sequence of steps to overcome them. Over a 4-week period we:
1) Identified the existing pain points, opportunities and expectations of marketing effectiveness with our Effectiveness Ignition Audit:
- 10 depth interviews across marketing, finance, and key partners.
- Assessment of systems, data and reports.
- Marketing Effectiveness survey across marketing.
- Develop enabling analytics capabilities.
- An agreed redefinition of marketing effectiveness for Cazoo; from a marketing to a business lens.
- Recommended ownership change for marketing effectiveness.
- A roadmap of 5 priority workstreams aligned to delivering value for annual planning.
- Recommended governance structure to enable change and success from marketing effectiveness.
Go Ignite were quickly able to understand and navigate Cazoo’s cultural complexities to design a best in-class marketing effectiveness framework for us.
Their framework identified the right priority workstreams and associated benefits of each, helping us understand what should be delivered when delivering commercial benefit and value at each step. The independence of Go Ignite shone through and every recommendation had Cazoo’s interest at heart.
For anyone looking for help in understanding how to in-house marketing effectiveness, we would strongly recommend Go Ignite.
– Brand Director, Cazoo